The plan must address how:
- Your workplace is organized and arranged,
- Some specific activities will be carried out,
- You will clean and sanitize,
- Changes and precautions will be communicated to everybody at the workplace including staff and guests.
Organization and Arrangement
- All staff will wear non-surgical face masks while in guests areas while guests are onboard. One per employee will be provided by employer.
- Waiting areas will be setup with tape on the floor to ensure guests stay 2 metres apart while moving about on the boat.
- There will be a flow of traffic set out and marked on the floor to alleviate areas of congestion on the boat (Ie. Stairs).
- Sanitation stations will be setup on the lower and upper decks (full washrooms are available as well).
- Sanitizer will be offered to guests as they board the boat.
- Encourage guests to dispose of their own garbage, plastic cups, napkins, disposable plates, etc. to limit the amount of contact between guests and staff. Therefore more garbage and recycle cans will be available in public spaces.
- During an emergency guests and crew will disregard this plan and follow the directions of the Captain.
- Signage on dock indicating to guests if they are feeling unwell to not enter the premises and to call the health authority.
- All guests will be encouraged to sit on the upper deck with access to the lower deck for washroom use.
Fareharbor Booking Questions to Guests
Booking guests at window
Guests will be encouraged to book online.
Rope and pilons will be setup on the cement area or on the grass area in Stewart Park to keep the ramp area clear before boarding the boat.
All food will be plated.
For payment tap will be encouraged, there will be a gratuity function on the POS.
Bathroom wait areas
- Touch pads on POS machine will be cleaned after each use and tap will be encouraged.
- A complete clean will be completed after every cruise which will include sanitizing tables and chairs, bar tops, bathroom sinks and all touch points.
- Prior to each day the Captain will go over the outlined plan with the crew to ensure all employees are following the guidelines set out.
- Regular staff meeting will be held, as per usual, every two weeks to update employees and take feedback from them.
- During the Captain’s safety orientation when all guests have boarded, the Captain will explain what is expected from the guests while ordering drinks or food service procedures.
- Staff will be required to do a self assessment on their health before starting work, if they feel unwell they will not work.